Founded by Dr. Timothy F. Johnson, Rev. Dean Nelson and Mr. A.Troy Rollings, The Frederick Douglass Foundation is a national
Christ-centered education and public policy organization with local chapters across the United States which brings the sanctity of free
market and limited government ideas to bear on the hardest problems facing our nation. We are a collection of pro-active individuals
committed to developing innovative and new approaches to today's problems with the assistance of elected officials, scholars from
universities and colleges and community activist.
Our Goals: Educate, Enhance, and Empower
A. By being a liaisons to Black, Faith Based organizations, Conservative candidates, party and elected officials.
B. We will reach out to educate the social, cultural, spiritual, and civic rights needs of our nation.
C. We will train political workers, volunteers, and candidates as leaders in the political arena.
D. Provide tools for improving the economic status of the individuals, families and businesses within the targeted communities, thus,
enhancing the quality of life.
E. Assist families in their efforts to remain safe and self-sufficient through education and training.
F. Develop community outreach projects that educate the community on housing, medical information, job training projects, and
We plan on presenting position papers in the following areas:
- Providing a sound, basic education to every child.
- Crushing tax burdens on families and businesses.
- The costly, immoral, and destructive welfare state.
- Lack of economic opportunities for all citizens.
- A decline of individual freedom and self-reliance.
Members of the Frederick Douglass Foundation believe:
We live in a land of liberty where natural rights of individuals precede and supersede the power of the state.
We are a constitutional republic in which government power is limited and employed for the purpose of providing legitimate public
goods rather than for the benefit of insiders and narrow interest groups.
We are a free market in which persons, individually or collectively, have the natural right to sell goods and services to willing buyers,
and in which the individual pursuit of economic opportunity benefits all.
We are a free society where citizens solve social problems not only through government but also by working together in families,
neighborhoods, churches, charities, and other private, voluntary organizations.
|Copyright 2013. All content and rights are reserved by The Frederick Douglass Foundation, Inc.
|"The Largest Christ-Centered, Multi-Ethnic and Republican Ministry in America"
Frederick Douglass Foundation
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to
oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass -
|We Believe in the Sanctity of Human Life and the Protection of Traditional Marriage
We BELIEVE the strength of our nation lies with the individual and that each person's dignity, freedom, ability and
responsibility must be honored.
We BELIEVE in equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, creed, sex, age or disability.
We BELIEVE free enterprise and encouraging individual initiative have brought this nation opportunity, economic growth
We BELIEVE government must practice fiscal responsibility and allow individuals to keep more of the money they earn.
We BELIEVE the proper role of government is to provide for the people only those critical functions that cannot be
performed by individuals or private organizations and that the best government is that which governs least.
We BELIEVE the most effective, responsible and responsive government is government closest to the people.
We BELIEVE Americans must retain the principles that have made us strong while developing new and innovative ideas
to meet the challenges of changing times.
We BELIEVE Americans value and should preserve our national strength and pride while working to extend peace,
freedom and human rights throughout the world.
Finally, We BELIEVE the Republican Party is the best vehicle for translating these ideals into positive and successful
principles of government
|We are Republicans Because Our Principles State....
| Our Statement of Faith
- That the Holy Bible is the inspired, infallible and authoritative source of Christian doctrine and precept.
- That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- That man was created in the image of God but, as a result of sin, is lost and powerless to save himself.
- That the only hope for man is to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, the virgin-born Son of God, who died to take upon Himself the
punishment for the sin of mankind, and who rose from the dead so that by receiving Him as Savior and Lord, man is redeemed by His
- That Jesus Christ will personally return to earth in power and glory.
- That the Holy Spirit indwells those who receive Christ for the purpose of enabling them to live righteous and holy lives.
- That the Church is the Body of Christ and is composed of all those who through belief in Christ have been spiritually regenerated by
the indwelling Holy Spirit.
- The mission of the Church is worldwide evangelism, and nurturing and discipling of Christians.